Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yay for baby's 3rd appointment!

So, we had baby's 3rd appointment yesterday! It went really well. Our midwife is on a team with two other midwives (so we have a 33% chance of getting any one of them when I go into labor)...when we showed up for our appt we found out that our midwife was in the hospital, so we got to meet one of the other midwives, and we loved her! We're still partial to Terry, but Linda (who we met yesterday) was brilliant and personable and wonderful! So, here's the skinny on how the appointment went:
*We heard the heartbeat again! It was so much stronger and louder this time. Still 148 bpm, and the baby still moved all over the place while we were listening! The heart beat sounded very distinctly like a galloping horse...I think we've got a horse-lover in there? :) (Of course I'm hoping so!)
* All of my labs came back good...my iron level is good, I had no diseases or anything abnormal going on...my urine has no protein or sugar (for those of you who really want to hear about my pee!)...yay!
*I finally found out my blood type: A negative. Unfortunately, I'm also RH negative, which means that, if baby is RH positive, my blood could develop antibodies against the baby's blood and attack future pregnancies. So, I have to get a shot of Rogam (spelling?) in about 10 weeks. I've been assured that there are no side effects (and that the alternative is in-utero blood transfusions for future RH positive babes), so I will definitely be getting the shot. I still have to do a lot of research, though!
* Okay, I've lost all inhibitions with sharing my weight: I've gained! In the last month I've gained 10 pounds!!!! Since I lost 5 pounds last month (and had gained 5 pounds the first month) I've gained 10 pounds overall since becoming pregnant, which isn't bad at 18 weeks, but it's not good that I gained it all in a month! ;) So I need to lay off the junk food...
*Since we're not getting an ultrasound (without medical implications) we decided to order the triple-screen (AKA "tetra-screen"). We also ordered a toxoplasmosis test. I can't wait for the results!
Okay, probably more than anyone needed to know...

1 comment:

Michele said...

My mother is A negative, too. She had the shot when she was pregnant with me, and I turned out great!