Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sophia's Songs

I thought it would be fun to share some of the little songs that Travis and I sing to Sophia. We're always making up new songs, but we have two that have remained constant since she was a newborn! (Plus, of course, all of the standard lullabies).
The following is the song that Travis improvised for Sophia (it's a spin-off of the "baby beluga" song):
Sophia, Sophia, queen of the sea
Sophia, Sophia, wouldn't it be
so fun to live in the deep blue sea
so fun to swim so wild and free
Sophia, Sophia queen of the sea!
Sophia and daddy! (or "mommy" if I'm singing it!)

The following is the song that I improvised for Sophia (it's a spin-off of a lullaby that my mom improvised for baby Schuyler!):
Sophia is my special girl
she's the best baby in all the world
mommy loves her every day
stay right here, don't go away

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!! SOOO SWEET!!!!!! I heard Travis', but didn't know that you had one too. Do you remember your mom singing it to Schuyler??

XOXO