Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Sophia - isms

I know I'm obsessed with the whole language thing, but it's just so much fun! Sometimes Sophia develops names for things that just crack me up. I wanted to share a couple:
1. We say "Pickup truck," she says "Hiccup Truck" (that's my favorite!)
2. We say "Edamame," she says "Eda - mommy"
3. We say "Jogging Stroller," she says "Doggy Stroller"
4. We say "Mickey Mouse," she says "Icky Mouse."

Sophia can communicate pretty much all of her needs, and sometimes I can't believe what she comes up with! For example, the other day I asked, "Sophia, what are you doing?" Her response? "Nothing." Agh! She's not even two and she's acting like a teen!

Another conversation (from yesterday) that Travis shared with me:
S: "Swimming pool?"
T: "It's all gone."
S: "Bubbles?"
T looks for them, then says "I don't know where the bubbles are."
S: "Daddy find them!"

Another thing I love? She talks in the 3rd person. So, she'll say something like, "Sophia do it?" or "Sophia have it?"
She also talks to herself constantly, and will spit out random bits of songs, nursery rhymes, etc. I could be pushing her along in the stroller and her self-talk will go something like:
"Dandelion...mommy get it? Sophia have it? Three blind mice."

Fun, fun!

No comments: