Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

A Note on my Blog Negligence...

Ok, so it's been a while. I have super cute pictures from the 4th of July, Sophia's birthday, the fair, and other fun times that I have yet to put on the blog. BUT, I have a good reason: Our computer is FRIED! The unthinkable has happened, and I have lost hundreds of pictures and videos from Sophia's infancy to the present! I am SO GLAD that I have this blog, because most of my favorite pictures are right here! I was also smart enough to back up most of the thousands of pics and videos that I've taken, because I knew this day might come. Still, some have been lost, and it's very sad. :( The good news is, it sounds like the computer has been "fixed" and we should be getting it back today! So look for new pics on the blog after this weekend!

For now, I wanted to share a funny story from this week:

THE STORY OF OUR SUPER STORMY, SCARY NIGHT:

Tues evening was quite a thriller. We'd had storm warnings all day, and at about 10pm the tornado siren went off. I hauled Sophia and all the animals down to the basement, where we cowered for about 1/2 an hour. The sirens had stopped, and so we went back upstairs and went about our business.

At 3am the storm really started picking up, and Travis was picking on me for sitting up in bed staring out the window. Suddenly, there was a tremendous bang and the house shook and an incredible gust of wind blasted through the house and slammed all of our doors. Travis said, "We're going in the basement!" We gathered up our sleeping Sophia and all the animals and ran for the basement. (Note: It turns out at about that time lightning struck a tree across the street. The tree caught fire and split and took down powerlines, and so we had no power in the morning. Lovely).

After about 10 minutes of cowering under the staircase (one of the safest places to be in a tornado) we decided, since there was no siren, we might as well try to catch some sleep in the basement guest room. All three of us. In a twin bed. Surrounded by meowing cats and nervous dogs.

Needless to say, I did not sleep again. Sophia was SO excited to have playtime in a bed with mommy and daddy! So, what I really want to share, are some of the things that blabber-girl said during our stint in the bed together (which ended at 5am when I declared the storm well enough over to go back upstairs!). She really did not stop talking and singing for the whole 2 hours, so here's a sample:



1. "The wind is silly. The lightning is silly!"



2. "Daddy is tired and Mommy is tired. Daddy and mommy are happy because they are in the big bed!"



3. "Casey, Casey, Casey...he is very crazy!"



4. "Hey diddle, diddle" (she repeated various parts of this nursery rhyme throughout)



5. "Mommy is sleeping and daddy is sleeping and Sophia is tired."



6. "what's that? A CAT!"

7. "Mommy is a scaredy-cat."

8. S: "Hi, Travis!"
T: "Hi Sophia."
S: "SSSHHH! Daddy, sh!"

Next time we have a tornado warning I'm setting up the pack 'n play downstairs!!!

No comments: