Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Stormy Weather!

Sophia has finally reached an age when she is aware of thunderstorms. We've had plenty of severe storms this summer! She's learned that, when we hear the sirens and the storm seems really bad, we head downstairs. Last night we had a powerful electrical storm--nonstop lightening for over 1/2 an hour! The thunder was really shaking the house and there was also high wind and heavy rain. Travis and I were listening to the radio and keeping an eye on things around 4am when we heard Sophia hollering. I went in her room and she was begging to go downstairs to "be safe." I reassured her that there were no sirens, so we could stay upstairs. Finally we all just decided to lay in "the big bed" together and wait for the worst to pass. Here are some of the comments Sophia had on the storm:
"Is Lightening McQueen outside?"
"THAT'S a sketchy one!" (after a big clap of thunder. Travis and I were in hysterics!)
"Is the lightening breaking the telephone wires?"
"That's a huge, humongous weather!"
Sidenote: I'm so tired today that I accidentally ran a red light on the way to work. I will be SO glad when the summer storm season is DONE!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hmmmm . . . I'd say VT sounds pretty nice . . . ;-)