Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yeah for baby!

I finally can accept and revel in the fact that I am really and truly pregnant! Travis and I had an appt with our midwife yesterday, and--for the first time--we were able to hear our baby's heartbeat! It was such a magical moment. Travis held my hand and I cried while the midwife laughed as he moved the dopplar all around my stomach trying to keep track of our little wiggler! Our baby has a very good, strong heartbeat that's 148 beats per minute (nearly 3 times my own, which is 58 bpm!). The midwife also seemed impressed by how much our baby moves around! Apparently in 6 weeks I won't be getting much sleep. :) I also check out as very healthy, with a good weight and low blood pressure. Although, the midwife did threaten to send a note to my boss if I keep working through my lunches! I guess I better learn to take it easy. Right now I'm feeling pretty good--not as tired as I was a couple of weeks ago and slightly more emotionally stable. My tummy is bulging out a tiny bit (despite having lost 5 pounds since my last dr. appt.!) and I am thirsty all the time! Other than that, I hardly notice the little tyke! Travis and I are so elated, and spent a lot of time last night talking about our dreams for our baby, our hopes for our own abilities as parents, and what a miracle it truly is that we have played a (large) part in the creation of a new person. It is the most incredible feeling.

1 comment:

where is the balance said...

hey just was inspired by your blog and created one of my own~http://alicesgsmith.blogspot.com/ check it out sometime.