Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

First Family Walk!

Casey goes for a dip in the Red River
Sophia modeling!
Sophia in her car seat, ready for a family walk (the carseat snaps into a stroller)
The stroller
Travis with Casey, Charlie and Sophia by the Red River
Me with the kids!

Today we had our first family walk! We walked a little over 20 blocks to the bike path along the Red River. I was surprised by how fun and easy it was...Travis handled both dogs with no problem and I had the stroller, which turned out to be quite a smooth ride for little Sophia! There's a little window in her canopy so I could see her chilling out in her little "pod" (we covered her stroller with a blanket to keep out the wind). She had her eyes open and was just kind of hanging out quietly through the whole walk! It was a beautiful day and it was so fun to be out together as a family--and the dogs were grateful for some attention and canine fun-time! Also, yesterday Sophia went to her first wedding. Again, she was a perfect angel through the whole thing--no crying even when she needed her diaper changed and some nursing (which we did in a back room). She was passed around and held and ogled over by lots of people, and she pretty much slept through the whole thing! The wedding was beautiful and lots of fun...I'm so glad we went! For one thing we are gaining confidence in our ability to resume normal lives, with Sophia included. I don't know how long her good behavior will last, but for now Travis and I feel really blessed and we are completely enjoying her and our first 5 days as parents. :)


5 comments:

Ruth said...

You guys are too cute! Sophia is gorgeous as always. And you too! I don't really know what to write since all I can really think is that you are freakin crazy. She is 5 days old and you have gone to a wedding, posted on your blog 500 times, are going for walks??, and generally seem to be like alive. I didn't start feeling human again at all until around 3 months. I left the hospital on day 5 and had to use a wheelchair! No 20 blocks for me. I think it's a toy baby. Ha! Of course I am super happy for you, but I could relate more of you would be all stressed and nervous and tired. Luckily I get to meet Sophia for real soon so I can see if this is for real.

Ok really, I am happy for you all! You are the cutest family ever!! Can't wait to get my hands on her!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I am so happy that Sophia has a generations photo! I remember you mentioning years ago how important your own pictures were to you, and how you wanted your future children to have them. Sophia is a lucky little girl!
With love,
Michele

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, J, you're a mom.

Very, very best wishes to all.

RB

Ruth said...

Ok, of course I know how busy you are, but I am sick of clicking on your blog like 850 times a day and seeing a picture of your dog. I do like dogs and I am sure he is great, but I want to see SOPHIA! Ok, I am joking, the second picture is of the princess and it is perfect. I just selfishly want more. And I do think it is funny that the top picture is your dog. Like your post 2 weeks before you gave birth that hardly mentioned the fact you were pregnant! Silly girl. I'll probably fall in love with the dogs when I visit too though.

I miss chatting so much! I am sure your parents are having a wonderful time visiting and everyone is doing great, but can't wait for some updates. I really don't want to bother you all so I haven't been calling . . . but I might not be able to hold out much longer!

All my best and lots of love!

Poof

Anonymous said...

Jenn, so I'm a loser and this is the first time I've checked out your blog. I love the videos, especially the one with Sophia laughing to the mobile music. I miss you and Travis a lot and wish I could be out there whenever I wanted. I love you both and am very proud of your cute little bundle of joy. Can't wait to meet her!! Love you, see you at Christmas right? Take care and god bless.