Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Learning to Write

Last night I had a little extra time so Sophia and I played "school" (one of my favorite kid games as a child AND an adult!).  I got to be the teacher first, and I wrote a list of words on her white board for Sophia to sound out, and then we did some addition. Sophia was the teacher next, and she wrote the following words for me to read:
1. HRS (horse)
2. SOPE (Soapy)
3. LDBG (Ladybug)
4. SOPHIO... I read that one as "Sophi-o" but she corrected me. The word was actually "soap." The H, I, and O are "silent letters."

I LOVE the way she thinks!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

WTF! Stop posting things I am about to post. Errr. But so cute! I never thought of playing school with Joseph--which is funny cause I used to make EVERYONE play with me when I was a kid. Maybe I will have to give it a try.

Meredith said...

"Silent letters" LOL! I should use that excuse when I misspell stuff :) We're trying to teach H her letters now and she's humoring us but is in no way interested in actually learning them.