Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 7, 2013

Kaia the little Mechanical Genius!


I finally caught (a very short) video of Kaia turning a rotating part of a baby toy. It is so interesting to me to see how Kaia's personality is developing, and I already see some big differences between her and Sophia. As I believe I've mentioned, Kaia is much more laid back and sociable than Sophia was. Kaia also seems more interested in her surroundings. It's hard to get Kaia to settle down and nurse because she's so busy trying to keep an eye on everything else that's going on! Kaia seems to favor use of her left hand (daddy is a lefty!) and seems to be developing fine motor skills more quickly... she's always picking up even the tiniest objects and, as you can see in the video, she concentrates on manipulating objects. When I call Kaia a "mechanical genius" it is of course a bit tongue in cheek, but she really is more interested in the mechanics of her toys, and it's so fascinating to watch her make these discoveries! I think that both of my girls are incredibly "bright" - smart and "shining" personalities, but I can already tell that they will have different gifts to contribute to the world. Finding and nurturing those gifts is one of the greatest aspects of parenting.

No comments: