Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 20, 2013

A few shots from last week


This week has been a little less than fabulous. Kaia is suddenly clingy and fussy... Sophia and I were both super sick with raging fevers (thankfully only for a few days and then it was DONE), I'm starting to wear down from acting as the department head for the last two months while my boss has been out on medical leave (our office staff of 2.5 is down to 1.5... with me being the 1)... let's just say the candle has been burning at both ends. And in the middle. The saving grace in my life is always the weekend!! These are our pics from last weekend. We packed in a lot of fun :)
 On Friday we met at Gooseberry Park for play and a pizza picnic, then watched Sophia's gymnastics, and then I hopped on Margie bareback for a quick 1-miler while Travis hung out with the girls... perfect way to start things off! On Saturday morning I cooked breakfast with my girlies while Travis took Bella out for about an hour. That worked out well, because the rest of Saturday was rain and more rain. We finally went shopping! Fleet farm, Sam's club, Hobby Lobby, and clothes for the girls... the first time I have been clothes shopping for the girls since Kaia was 3 days old. Thank goodness for rainy Saturdays, or we would all be naked! ;D

 On Sunday the weather cleared, and we were excited to have a visit with Grandpa Ralph and Grandma Carmen on their way home from Bismarck.
 Sophia found a bird's nest. She is so amazing with animals, and has such an eye for them. She's always picking up bugs and frogs and finding snakes and nests... she even said she was petting one of our barn swallows last week (in her not-joking voice). I asked her if it was dead :) (she said no).
 Sophia with Grassy the Grasshopper.
 The girls love time with their grandparents! Wish we could do it more often, with both sets

 Travis and Sophia were very serious about their Lego construction time.
 Later on Sunday Alicia from next door came over for riding.
 There were a few days after the rain and greening up that the horses were not interested in working!
 (We did finally catch them and went for a wonderful ride, and Sophia worked with Pepper!)
 What to do with an hour of downtime on Sunday evening? Drive two miles down the road and go for a hike in Buffalo State Park!!

 Sophia loves running along with Charlie. This is actually someones loooong private driveway that we use as a shortcut into the backside of the park.

 The moon rising
 Hitting the grassy park trails
 Into the woods!
Heading back home
This was the day before Sophia and I got really sick. I'm glad we got to enjoy our entire, beautiful weekend before getting sick... I'd rather be sick at work! :) In fact, I did spend one day home sick this week, and found myself wishing I was at work... waaaaay more peaceful than being home with the kids. When I'm feeling yucky sitting at a desk isn't so bad! :) We're all feeling healthy again, though, just in time for the weekend! Yaaaayyyy!!!! :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is so sweet, sorry you were sick but what great memories to think about while you were feverish!