Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baby Nicknames

Well, I haven't really been posting lately because nothing much has been happening...Travis and I went to the rodeo on Saturday night which was REALLY fun except for the calf-roping...I hate the calf-roping! But I love the broncs and the bull-riding and the barrel racing, so that was fun! Unfortunately, as we were sitting there I was becoming aware that I feeling not so good and, sure enough, by Sunday morning I was really sick! I have spent the last few days completely miserable. My normal reaction to colds is to medicate myself to death and kind of pass through the cold in a haze but, since I'm pregnant, going on medication overload isn't exactly the smartest idea right now! So, I've just spent the last few days in bed, in the bathtub, or sitting half-dead at work. Not very exciting stuff! On the bright side, baby is kicking just as vigorously as usual, and so seems unaffected by my illness.
Now, while we're waiting for some news that's more exciting than sleeping and coughing--I have decided to share some nicknames that our unborn baby has already been blessed with!
NICKNAMES FOR THE BABY:
1. "Baby"
Of course. This is what nearly everyone--including myself--call the baby at least once in a while!
2. "Romia"
This would be Ruth's nickname for the baby...a combination of our boy name ("Ronan") and our girl name...which used to be "Amaia" but we're thinking now will be "Sophia"...either way, the nickname "Romia" still works!
3. "Little Newt"
One of my favorites.
4. "Little One"
Another classic, similar to "baby"
5. "Little Fish"
This is a nickname that I use to refer to a lot of people! Why should the baby be left out?
6. "Maximus"
This is what my father in law, Ralph, calls the baby--despite the fact that I've informed him many times that I'm NOT naming the baby Maximus, Maxine, Max, or any other variation.
7. "Maxine"
The father-in-law's answer when I ask what I should call the girl
8. "Varmint"
Grandpa's name for the baby (he calls all small things "Varmint"...it's nothing against our child!)
9. "Sophia"
What I call the baby, since I think it's a girl
10. "Ronan"
What Travis calls the baby, since he thinks it's a boy!
Wow, I can't believe it's an even 10! I can't believe how many nicknames our baby already has!

6 comments:

Ruth said...

This is an awesome post! I love all the nicknames and you will have so much fun looking back at this. Very interesting that you think girl and Travis boy; now that it is on the blog each of your guesses (or intuitions?) is public and we will soon know who is right and who is wrong! You know how I am with competitions. Speaking of which I think you should have a post where everyone puts their guess for baby/romia/sophia/ronian/little newt/etc. . .'s sex, weight, length, birthdate, and whatever else in which you are interested as a comment. Wouldn't that be a fun little competition??

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Geez, Ruth...So competitive!

Jennifer, I think it's kind of cool that you are picking unusual names, since the baby will have such a common last name. Are you going with Williams? Should I even bother asking that question?

Hope you're feeling better,
Michele

Ruth said...

Ohhh by the way I love Sophia! Of course. Basically you are naming your progeny after me. Admit it.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, what was your name going to be if you'd have been a boy? Or aren't you telling? Or, don't you know? I think i finally toldf a couple of people that name R was going to get if she was a he, but I'm far to cagey and embarassed to speak about it much. I must say that I now like the name 'Raphael.'

Anonymous said...

And--a little off track here but you mentioned it--I had a great chat a couple of days ago--I was in the little town of Menard, Texas--with the woman who was staffing the Chamber of Commerce office and she (and one of her sons I think) is in the Texas Cowboy Rodeo Hall of Fame. She was awful proud of two twin grand-daughters of hers who have taken up rodeoing and will go to college next year to be on the team.

Maybe that little baby of your will do such a thing.

RB

(I believe I forgot to initial the last note.)

JG said...

Ruth, you are so competetive! Haha. I'm going to throw up a blog later, and *maybe* I'll call for people's guesses. I am NOT naming the baby after you (although there are worse things to name a baby after) we just LIKE the name Sophia because it's pretty! You were just really smart when you were a kid (what happened?) Haha.
Yes, we are going with "Williams..." I intend to change my last name before the baby's born. We'll all be Williams...I agree, it's a bit boring. "Jennifer Williams"...google it, there's a million of them!
I must say, I'm dying to know what Ruth would have been named! I'm guessing Herbert.
:D I like Raphael! Classic, but unique! (If that makes sense)