Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crazy Kicks

This morning I woke up at 5:15am because baby was kicking up a storm! The most wonderful thing: I sat in bed watching my stomach, and, for the first time, I SAW the baby move my tummy! My skin actually visibly poked out! I could not believe that this is even possible at 24 weeks, but I guess it is. The baby didn't stop, either. I felt movement--intense movement-- for the next 45 minutes, until I got up. I also noticed today that my stomach is noticeably bigger than it was yesterday. I have a theory that the baby has shifted and is now snugged right up against my abdomen...what else could it be? I didn't even eat ice cream last night! :)
Our little one is definitely moving about in earnest, and it is the most amazing thing. It's a little freaky (the movie "Alien" comes to mind, and also I wonder if something is wrong or if the baby is claustrophobic or something!), but mostly it's wonderful and I am reassured that our little one is getting bigger and stronger. I know when I hold our baby for the first time I will marvel at how I knew the baby even before he/she was born!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Sooo exciting! The was my absolute favorite thing--just sitting and watching my tummy move. Be warned it is a very time consuming hobby. I am so happy for you. You have a super active baby! All hyper and crazy (in a great way) like mommy. Love ya!