Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Way Sophia Plays

Ok... so I have been trying for DAYS to get this video of Sophia to upload! It's about 2 minutes long and apparently blogger just can't deal with that much video. I finally decided to upload the video on my Youtube account (which took about 2 minutes!) and post the link here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OptVpnHO2I

And here is a little text about the video... happy viewing!


I've been wanting to record the way Sophia plays for some time, and I was finally able to sneak a recording of her without her noticing! Sophia happily plays by herself quite often. I think it's interesting that she narrates and provides dialogue for characters, like she's telling a story. This also fascinates me because I can remember constantly "narrating" or telling myself stories out loud as a child. I still do this in my mind! I might hear a car alarm, for example, and I reflexively come up with a plot in my mind and find myself narrating the plot (briefly). I don't know how common that is... I don't think I've mentioned this to many people! Whether or not it's common to narrate and make up stories, it's so incredible to watch Sophia do this without having been taught to, in the same way that I used to! How did she learn this? So interesting!

No comments: