Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 6, 2012

The 2nd Trimester

At 13 weeks I have officially embarked on the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. I have started feeling much better over the last couple of weeks... the queasiness has dissipated... the exhaustion has lifted... and I'm starting to feel more connected to the baby (it's becoming "real!"). I actually feel very comfortable right now. My vivid dreams have subsided and I'm getting great rest at night. I'm still able to sleep in my favorite position (my stomach) and am still able to get by without the maternity clothes. I have a little tummy though! And I love it! I'm thinking about the baby a lot more and I can feel the maternal bond forming. I'm excited to be in the 2nd trimester! I don't feel at all impatient like I did with Sophia. I'm enjoying pregnancy as much as I can!
 Week 0! I took this pic right around the time I likely conceived... notice that I already look sort of pregnant! Haha (I no longer fit into those jeans!)
 Week 7! I had gained about 5 lbs by then (I've since lost some of that), but was also dealing with one of the major early symptoms of pregnancy: bloating!!!!
Week 12 :) A genuine baby bump started to appear around week 11!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Belly pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! You look fantastic. So glad you're able to slow down and really enjoy this pregnancy and that you're feeling better!

Ruth said...

WOW! Your blogging is on fire--and so is your life! You are doing such amazing, wonderful things. And of course a new baby is the most wonderful thing possible. CAN NOT beleive how fast this is going and how well you are doing. I love, love all the pictures and am so happy for you and your family. YAYYYYYYYYY!!