Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

 We kicked off Easter on Saturday afternoon, by turning my Grandma Gale's carrot cake recipe into cupcakes! Best cooking risk I've ever taken! ;) YUM!
 Saturday dawned chilly, but warmed up nicely and was a beautiful day! These are the trees and plants around our house... I love seeing the new leaves!


 Saturday evening we continued my family's tradition of dyeing hard boiled eggs...


 Sophia was so proud of the eggs!


 At about midnight on Saturday I assembled Sophia's Easter basket/present. At 4:30 a.m. I snuck into her room and put them on her bed... another one of my family traditions!
 Sophia finding her loot at about 8a.m. on Sunday! She devoured a little candy before I could stop her!
 Her big Easter present: a remote control airplane that carries cars, from Cars II (her favorite movie). She had been coveting this since Christmas. When Travis and I saw it go on sale in January we snagged one and saved it for Easter!


 After allowing a little time to play with her Easter loot, we headed into the living room so Sophia could find her dyed eggs that I had hidden at 4:30am (another family tradition!).


 Fortunately, Sophia LOVES hard boiled eggs!
 The airplane was close by all day... she even asked if she could nap with it! (I said no).
 I love this pic because that is a total Warner face. I have seen pictures of my mom, uncle, brothers and myself where we are all making that face!
 The Easter feast! Sunday was 5 hours of cooking, which resulted in: A white vegetable lasagna, sweet potatoes, fresh pineapple, twice-baked potatoes, strawberry salad, and green bean casserole (the garlic twists were frozen... I had to do a little cheating!). Followed by carrot cupcakes, of course!
 Travis insisted on taking a pic of his plate!
Oh! The carnage! Haha. We also took the dogs and Sophia on her big-girl bike for a long walk to Woodlawn park on Sunday evening... we had to walk off some calories! Sorry we didn't take any pics... it was such a beautiful evening too! Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

So sweet! Love all the traditions continuing and Sophia's love for cars and other vehicles. So neat!