Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Feeling Baby

I wasn't going to post this, but then I decided that I should, since this blog is pretty much my only regular journal. For the last couple of days/nights I have been wondering if I've been feeling the baby. On Saturday night I woke up at 4:30am and thought I could feel strange pressure "inside" my abdomen. (That's why I was playing Easter Bunny at such an ungodly hour!). Anyway, it felt like something pushing, but not against my skin. Somewhere inside. Sunday evening I sat on the couch while Travis gave Sophia her bath and just focused on my belly, because I thought I was feeling something again. Last night, I woke up at 3:30am and I'm quite certain it was the baby who woke me! I could feel a very small, hard spot against my skin; just below my belly button and to the right. I rubbed my fingers around the spot and could distinguish a very small area of pressure. It was rock hard... it was something pressing me in a tiny area. A tiny foot? A tiny hand? A little head? I rubbed the hard little spot and willed it to stay forever. I focused on the tiny spot and sent all my love to the new baby. After a few minutes the hard little area softened, and then was gone. It felt like holding the baby's hand for the first time. I hope the baby could feel all my love!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

WOW!!!!!! Amazing!

Meredith said...

That brought tears. You (and the baby) are going to be so happy that you're keeping a record of all these special moments. Thanks for choosing to share with us!