Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

The "Betting Pool" (no money involved!)

So, I've started collecting everyone's guess as to when the baby will arrive, the sex, the weight, and the length! If you're guess isn't on here send it to me as a comment or via email and I'll add it! The information that seems to help people form guesses is as follows: I'm due on July 18th. At 30 weeks pregnant I had gained 21 pounds. I mostly crave watermelon, sandwiches, popcorn and icecream. My siblings and I were all between 7--8lbs. My mother and her mother all had their babies early. Neither Travis nor I are tall people (Travis is 5'10", I'm 5'4"). We're both an average weight (well, I'm not anymore! Haha). Guess away!
........Guesser....Sex.....Weight......Length.....Birthdate
  • Aida.........Girl......7 lbs2 oz...15".............7/20
  • Jodi..........Boy.....8 lbs1 oz....16.5" ........7/12
  • Lorie........Girl......7 lbs4 oz....17"...........7/22
  • Jennifer...Girl......7 lbs5 oz....17.5".......7/10
  • Sureshi....Girl......7 lbs...........17"...........7/17
  • Paul.........Boy......8 lbs6 oz....16"...........7/20
  • Carmen...Girl......7 lbs11 oz...19"..........7/16
  • Kilee........Girl.......7 lbs7oz.....17"...........7/11
  • Julia.........Girl.......7lbs3oz......18"........7/19
  • Ruth.........Girl......7lbs 15oz....19.5"....7/15
  • Mom.........Boy......7lbs14oz.....20"......7/16
  • Dad...........Girl......7lbs 6oz......18".......7/14
  • Robert B...Boy......7lbs12oz.....20+"....?
  • Chris.........Girl......6lbs8oz.......?...........7/11
  • Sky...........Boy......8lbs..............?...........7/20
  • Mesa.........Boy.....8lbs2oz........?...........7/14
  • Amy S.......Boy.....8lbs3oz........19.5".....7/13
  • Travis........Boy.....7lbs2oz........19"........7/04
  • Sandy........Girl......7lbs14oz.......19"......7/14

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So having no idea what I'm doing here (having never done this before, and not having even SEEN a newborn since I was like 3 years old and my brother was born...) I'm guessing you'll have a baby girl on 7/19 (my birthday, how can I not guess that?), weighing 7lbs 3oz, 18''long. It's crazy that you're so close, good luck in the next few months!

Anonymous said...

Huh? So far the guesses all state 15-19 inches and the majority of the eight say 17: I don't think so.

Baby will be 20 plus inches, unless they take his/her measurements all scrunched up.

Fun, JG,

RB

Ruth said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! SOOO MUCH FUN!!! I wish I had done this (next time I guess--oh if there is a next time). Anyways, I looked back and found an email I wrote you in January where I said I thought you would have a boy weighing 8 lbs 1 oz 3 days before your due date. However, I have now changed my mind. Here is my guess:

girl . . . 7 lbs 15 oz . . . 19.5 inches . . . 7/15

Wow, it is soo hard to make up my mind! By the way, as you can see, if you have a boy or a girl I can say I was right!! If you have something else though . . . gorilla, robot . . . well I don't know what to tell you. It's funny to think you might have one of those tiny tiny babies. Joseph looked like a different species then the 7 pounders (and remember they lose like a pound after they are born). But you always were skinnier than me, so I guess you will have a more "petit" baby. Or maybe not. Maybe I should guess like 10 pounds!

I AM SOOO EXCITED!

JG said...

Wow, RB, obviously you are a man, otherwise you would know better than to speak of "20+ inches" in my presence! :D
Yes, it will probably be like 25 inches long and 12 pounds and I think it's very likely a monkey. (But, not sure if it's a little girl monkey or a little boy monkey!). I guess the whole sex thing doesn't matter if it's a robot.
Haha! It's really fun to get all these guesses...RB I expect a real guess from you soon! AND IT HAD BETTER BE UNDER 20 INCHES!

Anonymous said...

Well, JG, I'm not worried about monkeys, it'll be a human and ... I haven't any real guess about the other parameters but I know your baby will be over 20 inches. I see your mother thinks so, too.

If you have to put me in for something, say 7 pounds 12, a boy.

RB

JG said...

Yay! Another guess! Although, RB, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't put a date down...Hopefully that doesn't mean that I'm going to stay pregnant forever! If I do then I know who to blame! Haha. I'm excited to get another boy guess...things were starting to get a little too lopsided! Thanks for humoring me :)

Anonymous said...

8 lbs 3 oz, 19.5'', 7/13.....boy?