Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Odd Couple



Aren't they so cute??? We are so happy that Casey is working out so well! Casey and Charlie get along fabulously. They spend almost all day curled up together in the indoor kennel (coming outside only to bark at strange dogs, of course!) and they are so cute when they come out and play together! Charlie bites Casey's legs and Casey bites Charlie's neck. :)

We took them for a walk last night. Walking Charlie has been difficult since we got him a year ago, because he barks and goes so crazy when another dog approaches (he doesn't want to play; he wants to kill it!). Last night I tried walking with a spray bottle for the first time. Between getting a squirt of water and a firm "NO" whenever he lunged for another dog and having Casey stand there quietly, Charlie seemed a lot calmer! He would actually stop barking and freaking out and would pay attention for once! Yay.

And, come on, are they not the cutest couple? We love our big, beautiful golden dog and our little, one-eyed mutt! They are the funniest--and it seems like they're really good friends already. That was the point!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

They are soo cute--glad they are both doing good. I wonder what they are going to make of all the screaming to come . . .

I forgot to write how BEAUTIFUL you look in your last picture. I saw a pic of little spears and you look way better! But I am already impatient for another pic. I bet you are even huger now! Yay! Backfat is beautiful! Just kidding. I think you are delusional about that, you look awesome. I look pregnant and I'm not. That is not fun. It's getting kindof long to still blame it on Joseph.

So new pic and thanks for being the best friend ever! I love you!

PS I am going to try and post bday pics this weekend. Finally.