Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm thinking it's a boy...

Ok, well, for so long I've been telling everyone that I'm having a girl, but I'm starting to think it might be a boy!
I figured our first baby would be a girl since both sides of our family seem to produce girls first. Also, some of the wive's tales seemed to point to a girl (the motion of the ring on a string over my stomach, my craving for sweets--although I also crave salty!--the heart rate, etc.), but now I have evidence that it's a boy!
The strongest evidence is that I had my first dream about our baby last week, and it was a boy. (The baby also looked slightly Chinese in my dreams, but we won't worry about that!). Another strong wive's-tale related piece of evidence is that the baby's heart rate has dropped significantly over the last 3 weeks (and according to the old wives a heartbeat below 150bpm is a boy and anything above is a girl!). Our baby has had a heart rate of 148bpm through the whole pregnancy, which I thought was borderline enough to be a boy or a girl, but at my prenatal appt on Friday the heartrate had dropped to 136bpm! Wow!
Plus, my mom says that I've seemed like I'm carrying a boy, if my pregnancy can be compared to hers at all. (And of course she's guessing boy!).
Anyhow, another piece of very strong evidence is that after I dreamed that I was having a boy, and decided that it means I'm having a boy, I felt something "click." It suddenly seemed right! It's funny too how my attitude automatically changed. I went from feeling very overprotective and mushy towards the baby to sort of stoic, and feeling like he'll be a "tough little guy."
Maybe I'm just having a really tough little girl?
Haha, we'll see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, there,

I just started classes again, so we may have time to email each other during the day! And I wanted to update you: I will be student teaching next year at Hunt Middle School, which is the same school I have been working at for three years now. So at least I'll know how to use the copying machine!

I enjoy the blog updates. More pictures! We can't get enough!

It's strange--since Ruth had a boy, it makes me think that all babies are boys. (If that makes any sense!) Keep us updated with possible names, too!

--Michele

Ruth said...

How interesting!! I think it would be pretty cool if you had a boy so we can sure crazy boy stories--but I am sure any girl of yours will be pretty spunky too. You are bound to have a climber! By the way, did I ever tell you that the very first time I referred to my baby I called him "boy." It just kind of slipped out (this was before I knew the sex).

Isn't it funny how we think about boys and girls differently, even before they are born!

It seems like things are going so fast now! YOU ARE SO CLOSE!

Morea said...

You're belly is big and beautiful!! We're excited to see photos once the baby gets here:)

Much love -
morea & papo