Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Meet the Newest Member of our Family!

We bought a horse today! Meet Margie :) It's funny because we looked at another gelding, and the owner said "You'll know when you find the right horse." After the gelding we went to Red Rock Ranch to look at their horses, and found Margie... and we all felt right away that she was "the one!" She is a 13 year old registered quarterhorse. She's a beautiful, shiny copper color with a pretty head and she's just the right height (14.3). Best of all, we all felt totally comfortable on her! I was leading her with Sophia and after a while I thought I'd just hop on her. And I did! I hopped on her and rode her double saddle back to the pasture, and even on the way back to her pasture she didn't try any tricks or to go fast, etc. She is a great listener and a total sweetheart... when we stood by her she just cuddled and just loved being petted. We are so excited to have found just the right horse! Having a horse has been an important "life goal" for Travis and I since that day we met at Trotting Horse Stables in Montana, and we finally made it. :) I can't describe how overjoyed we are! And Sophia loves Margie too. I asked Soph if she liked the little mare, and Sophia said "yes! She's super awesome!" :) Sophia could have ridden all day... I'm excited to share long, warm afternoons grooming and riding Margie around with my daughter. Heaven!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

SOOO EXCITING! Your family is so exciting and amazing. And WOW--10 weeks along already! I cannot beleive it. You all are very blessed and I am so glad to be friends ;-)