Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

More fairs and parties!

 On Friday July 12 we headed to the Red River Valley fair in Fargo. Travis' employer, Case New Holland, hosted their annual family picnic at the fair, so we got in for free! We expressed our gratitude by climbing around on the Case tractors. :)
 Since we got into the fair for free and got some other goodies (food, drinks, concert tix, etc.) from CNH we indulged in a ride bracelet for Sophia. It was worth it! She hit every ride she could! We also bought 5 adult ride coupons, but not a single carney asked for our coupons when we rode with Sophia. Oh well!


 There were people parachuting over the fair. Weird!


 Sophia was ALL ABOUT THE RIDES this year, and even went on some that were pretty darn fast and/or scary! She was game for everything she was allowed to go on!







 I enjoyed the beautiful view from the ferris wheel :)





 This was a really fast, spinning ride that I had no interest in going on! Sophia and Travis loved it!

 Travis hit ferris wheel ride #3 and took some night time pics

 Fair food!!! At 10 pm we scarfed some pizza and cheese curds, and then headed home.
 Saturday Travis headed to a golf tourney, and Sophia and I made "My Little Pony Cutie Mark Cupcakes" ALL day long. I have never been brave enough to try "real cupcake decorating," but it was SO fun. I'm a convert! A fondant fanatic! A new pastry bag and tip recruit! A sprinkle supporter! :)

 We modeled the cupcakes after the "Cutie Marks" on the ponies.

 Sophia's birthday party was on Sunday. She had a WONDERFUL party and had a GREAT time but... there was DRAMA! I spent hundreds of dollars and weeks and weeks planning this party, and then the person responsible for opening the pool and shelter that I had reserved never showed up. I called the mayor, two county commissioners, two city councilmembers, and finally the police. 1.5 hours later the police got a Parks and Rec person to come open everything up for us. I cried. I freaked. I got my money back!

 When we finally got into the shelter everyone pitched in and help me get it set up in less than 10 minutes :)

 I barely saw Kaia the whole time! Thank goodness for all the family who came and gave me shoulders to cry on and arms for my baby!
 Grandpa Ralph with Kaia and cousin Hudson


 Sophia was immune to my stress and totally had a blast :)


 Grabbing pinata candy!
 Aunt Lindsey and Kaia

 Aunt Laura with her youngest, Hudson (and cousin Ava looking on)
 Sophia's friend Brady was such a cute little friend and helper
 Sophia with Lily and Brady in the pool.
 On Sunday evening we got Sophia's fair entry back from the county fair, and she was so excited to have a 2nd place ribbon!
 Finding lots of butterflies on our front porch lately :)
Sunday night Sophia had fun playing with glowing bubbles that she got from her party... we had a present explosion in our reading room for about 24 hours! She loved it!

No comments: