Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Baby's Appointment Report!

So yesterday we had another prenatal appointment...I think it was our 4th one! Things went well...the hospital routine is beginning to feel a bit "old hat" to me now! I didn't even read the directions when I peed in the cup this time! Haha. We met with our favorite midwife, Terry, and were happy to find out that things are moving along more normally than we could have hoped for: the tetra screen (testing for various problems, like spina bifida, etc.) came out perfect, my toxoplasmosis screen (that disease from cats) came out clear (can you believe I've never had it? I've been surrounded by cats my whole life!), my weight is surprisingly fantastic (I've only gained 11 pounds since that first appointment, and I'm more than halfway through the pregnancy!), blood pressure and all are great! We were so glad. We also asked Terry a lot of questions about the Rhogam, and we're feeling a little better about that whole thing. There's a slim chance that Travis is also negative, in which case we won't need the Rhogam. We're going to request Travis' hospital records this week to find out! If he is positive I'll get the first shot of Rhogam in 6 weeks. I feel much better about it, and understand that the consequences of not taking Rhogam are far worse! (there are no consequences associated with taking it to speak of). So, it was a good and informative appointment! Of course we listened to baby's heart...it was strong and all over the place as usual! Terry loaned us a fetoscope so that Travis can listen to the heartbeat any time! Yay!

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Sounds like everything is going WONDERFUL! Yay! Enjoy!

P.S. Father was over a lecturing me about giving Joseph wonderful homemade beef stew. See what you started! Probably shouldn't have brought it up again, but couldn't resist.

Ruth said...

"over and lecturing me" is what it supposed to say . . . oops

Anonymous said...

Now, Ruth, stay on track and be supportive of JG: that whole 'lecture' was abut three seconds.

Glad to hear that everything's good, J.

RB

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe how far along you are! This is awesome! It doesn't seem real to me, all the way over here, so far away!

-Michele

JG said...

Yikes, Ruth, do you realize how badly this country treats its beef cows? And how much beef destroys the environment and contributes to poverty/hunger? Did you hear about the beef that entered the market from those sick cows in California? You know, the ones that were so sick that they had to use forklifts and beat them and electrocute them to get them to the slaughtering site?
Just thought I'd check to make sure you're making good decisions for Joseph before he's old enough to make good decisions for himself. Good thing he has such a smart Grandpa!
:D
See what happens when you bring this stuff up?
Haha, that was a tough little reply!
Yes, Michele, it does feel a little unreal, doesn't it? That's how I felt about Ruth's pregnancy! But you know, it even feels a little bit unreal to me! Almost like it's all just pretend. I think that in a little under 4 months things are going to seem VERY VERY REAL! :)

Ruth said...

A new list I know you will enjoy:

MEAT JOSEPH HAS EATEN:

*Chicken
*Ham
*Turkey
*Roast Beef
*Hot Dog (whatever that is)
*Sausage
*Corned Beef (Saint Patty's Day)
*Hamburger
*Beef Stew

And probably more! Yum. Now I just have to get him started on seafood.

How is that for supportive?