Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Honeymoon Marches On!


So, yesterday I was feeling really sick for some reason. I had gotten a headache on Sunday morning that just seemed to get worse and worse. By Sunday night Travis was running to the store for a thermometer, all the medicines on the doctor's "approved medicines list" and anything else he could think of that might stave off some massive illness that would affect his baby--I mean, affect his wife. Right. Anyway, Monday morning he was appalled that I went to work, and even I wasn't so sure I should be there. Headache, sick to my stomach, shaky--just not feeling too hot! I stuck it out and fluctuated between feeling fine and feeling really sick all day. Travis called me 3 times throughout the day to check on me, and, the last time he called, he said that he wanted to make me dinner. Hmm...I told him I wasn't in the mood for pizza. He insisted that he was going to crack a cookbook and make a "real dinner." I asked him if he knew the difference between "dice" and "chop" and he said no, and that's where we left off. So I get home at 5:20pm and Travis is in the kitchen, listening to NPR with about 3 different pots and pans on the stove and yelling at me that I'm not allowed in the kitchen. He comes over, gives me a hug, and asks me what a clove of garlic is and where do we keep the olive oil. Needless to say, I'm nervous and trying to peek into the kitchen! He insists that I go take a bath and he'll let me know when dinner is done. So, I grab a book and hit the bathtub, and about 45 minutes later he comes into the bathroom with a gorgeous, garnished dinner! I still only vaguely understand what the sauce was made of, but I know there was tofu, basil, parsely, garlic, and oil involved for sure (I saw the evidence). Isn't he wonderful? Sigh. And, after all that, he insisted on cleaning up the kitchen himself while I read in bed. Bliss!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

OOOHHHH how sweet!!!! My bro treats you like a queen!!!