Next Comes 5!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 17, 2008

Daddy Gets Kicked!

Travis felt the baby kick for the first time! On Friday night I was lying in bed (after eating 1/2 a pint of Ben & Jerry's!) and I could feel the baby moving around. So far Travis hasn't been able to feel the baby, since usually the baby moves only briefly or too gently, but I decided that we should see if he could feel anyway. So put his hands on my tummy and we were both very quiet and within just a few seconds he got a huge kick! I could feel my stomach push against his hands, that's how hard the baby kicked! Travis actually felt about 5 movements and kicks before the baby calmed down, which was amazing! I think these kicks were the 2nd most amazing moment in the pregnancy (behind hearing the heartbeat for the first time!). It was so thrilling to feel the baby push my stomach against its daddy's hands...it was such a beautiful, connected moment. Our first family moment! :) I've been feeling the baby more and more lately...It seems like baby is most active after I've eaten, and that I'm better able to feel baby when I'm laying on my back. I'm starting to wonder what each movement is...some movements feel so different from others that I'm starting to recognize them, and guess which ones are kicks or flips or jerks, etc. It's such an awesome, amazing feeling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you weren't suppose to lay on your back. :o) Love, Jodi Boges